CV - Text only version
Experience, Reputation and Competence
"He acted in a professional manner at all times and in particular was able to deal directly with members of the public."
"Kevin demonstrated that he had a full understanding of the role, duties and responsibilities of an expert witness. In particular he was aware of his requirements to the Court as outlined in Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules."
Kevin joined Insepes ltd in November 2010 focussing exclusively on boundary work. He has a reputation as a dependable, straight-talking expert who takes pride in both the quality and value of his work.
In the 24 years since he became a qualified member of the RICS he has worked on many varied boundary cases including:
- Successfully using the Land Registry Determined Boundary procedure to resolve a dispute in Cheshire that had been rumbling on for over 20 years. Having been instructed by the Court he determined the most likely position of the legal boundary, set out that boundary and reported back to the court and Land Registry when a new fence had been erected to his satisfaction.
- Disputes where, as a result of his work, agreement was possible without the need to go to Court.
- Producing a CPR Part 35 Expert Surveyor report for the Land Registry Adjudicator and being cross-examined over 2 days at the adjudication hearing.
- Producing Lease Plans and Land Transfer Plans for submission to the Land Registry.
The clarity of the plans and reports he produces allow laymen and professionals alike to quickly get to the heart of the matter. This results in disputes being settled sooner and at less cost, both financial and emotional, than they might otherwise have been.
His many years of experience in gathering, qualifying, collating, distilling and presenting data from diverse sources makes Kevin ideally suited to this role.
- Clear, succinct plans and reports which isolate and explain key issues to laymen and lawyers alike.
- He approaches each task as if instructed by the Court and is ever mindful of the dangers of stepping outside his area of expertise.
- He is a good communicator who both listens and explains well.
- He knows when to stop and has the confidence and experience not to stray outside his area of expertise.
Professional Development, Qualifications and Education
Kevin keeps himself informed regarding the role and responsibilities of both an Expert Witness and an RICS member by taking part in CPD and networking events, visiting relevant websites and maintaining his subscriptions to e-newsletters and professional associations.
2013 Expert Witness Meetings training – one day course held by Penny Harper of Legal Experience Training.
2012 Passed the Cardiff University Law School Bond Solon Expert Witness Certificate.
2012 RICS Expert Witness Registration Scheme - qualified as a member.
2009 Bond Solon Expert Witness Training course attended– 3 days
· Excellence in written evidence
· Witness familiarisation
· Business skills for experts
2008 RICS Neighbour Dispute Resolution Service course
2003 Post-graduate diploma at Nottingham University
1988 Qualified as a Chartered Land Surveyor (MRICS)
1984 BSc (Hons) Surveying/Geography at the University of Newcastle
2010-present: Chartered Land Surveyor at Insepes Ltd
Kevin works exclusively on boundary matters. He continues to develop the range of services offered by the business. This includes aspects of ADR such as mediation advocacy. Insepes ltd is a firm regulated by the RICS.
2006-2010: Chartered Land Surveyor at ND Oliver & Co Ltd
Kevin successfully dealt with all the boundary dispute work that came into the office and generated a great deal of repeat business.
1988-2006: Chartered Land Surveyor at ND Oliver & Co Ltd, Loy Surveys, Survey Systems, Korec and Leica Geosystems.
As well as carrying out boundary and general land survey work Kevin developed his communication skills whilst working as a Field Trainer for 2 international surveying equipment manufacturers.
1984-1988: Graduate Land Surveyor at ND Oliver & Co Ltd where Kevin gained wide and varied experience of topographical surveying, measured building surveying and setting-out.
Away from work
Kevin enjoys watching football, playing 5-a-side football, being with his family, watching birds (RSPB Conwy in particular), drinking beer and idling.